SAGlobal provides Microsoft Dynamics implementation services and industry-specific solutions to customers in over 80 countries worldwide. We’re one of the leading global Microsoft partners and every day we help over 250000 Dynamics users worldwide to deliver operational excellence and financial performance for their organizations.
We’re a different kind of consulting company. We’re run by consultants not by marketing people or investors. We're agile, committed and capable as we've proven repeatedly for our customers. We are passionate about technology and Microsoft business applications, and as Inside Sales Executive your mission is to nurture and acquire new customers, as well as develop existing customers by providing first class account management.
How we work
- We are nothing without our quality standards and will always favour providing the best outcomes over a rushed job. Our customers are our world and we are committed to their success.
- SAGlobal is about a culture of collaboration, charged by the innovative ideas and approaches of our team collectively. Ideas are shared, built upon and improved, not trophies to be won.
- We work in a constantly changing industry built on the forefront of new technology. This brings ongoing opportunities to learn, bring world class expertise to our clients and grow as an organisation.
The purpose of the Technical Lead role within SAGlobal is to provide overall governance, and take overall responsibility for, all technical aspects of software delivery, either as a standalone activity or as part of a wider implementation. This is within the scope of a particular project or implementation.
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer and Project Management Officer, the Technical Lead will have direct responsibility for software delivery. Whilst individual developers will still have a country manager as their line manager, the Technical Lead person will be responsible for the developers’ daily activities, especially on larger projects.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of a software solution.
- Ensuring that the correct solution is implemented, taking into account the customer’s requirements and the software landscape.
- Ensuring that the quality of the software delivery maintains high standards, and requesting “rework” from developers where appropriate so that the solution delivery is always of a high standard.
- Deployment of software packages to different environments (such as UAT or Production) to an agreed timescale and ensuring that the delivery meets expectations.
- Safe and controlled usage of a source control system such as VSTS/Azure DevOps.
- If an offshore development team is involved, then the Technical Lead will be the “interface” between the offshore team and the customers, ensuring that the customer can correspond openly with the Lead whilst utilising the skillset of the offshore team.
- Being able to investigate and solve urgent issues if the need arises.
- Be able to propose alternative system designs, or reject requests from customers for particular enhancements where appropriate, if this is for the greater good of the solution.
- Be able to provide status updates to stakeholders at all levels.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- At least five years as a customer-facing software developer, with good knowledge of the Dynamics 365 F&O infrastructure.
- Experience of X++ and SQL Server (T-SQL) with an understanding of how to develop efficient database queries, and to recognise performance bottlenecks.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, potentially including out of hours working.
- Be prepared to travel, either to customer project sites or for cover at “go-live”. Travel may be repetitive and frequent.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems at all stages of the software delivery lifecycle, including issues which may be affecting a production system.
- Have overall awareness of the entire solution, to prevent a change in one area impacting another area.
- Experience in troubleshooting “quirky” issues.
- Must possess strong relationship-building expertise with a wide and varied audience; internally and externally, with ability to discuss any issue with a customer, no matter how technical the issue may be, in a way that the customer will fully understand.
- Ability to establish credibility amongst customers and peers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
- Strong attention to detail and a keen desire to deliver the highest quality solutions to customers Provide encouragement to team members to allow then to provide better delivery.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual leave entitlement 26 days per year plus UK bank holidays
- Private health insurance & group life insurance
- Opportunity to travel
- Flexible working
- Contributory pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
The ideal candidate is someone seeking to work in an environment with independence, personal growth opportunities, and strong client-centric values.
Please fill the form and attach your resume.